As I sit here in front of the fire at my dad's place, drinking a lovely glass of wine, I'm playing with the idea of being rich and famous.
I'm (almost) a teacher. And I'm very excited about my future career. It's fairly unlikely I'll every be on T.V. and its even less likely I'll ever make over a million dollars a year. But how do you really measure richness?
As a teacher I will:
- educate children to read and write
- instruct students about history and geography
- conduct science experiments
- play/coach basketball, soccer, volleyball and who knows what else.
More importantly, I will:
- help students make the right choices
- teacher children the difference between right and wrong
- encourage students to be positive, caring and empathetic people
- encourage young people to be themselves and to grow
Every day during my practicum I feel extremely blessed to be a part of the lives of these students. To, hopefully, be a positive role model. To be that person that believed in them when no one else did! Sometimes all it take is one person and if I am that one person to just one student, then my life will be more satisfying and fulfilling then richness or fame could ever bring.
What would you consider the key element to satisfaction in your life to be?