It doesn't help that I don't have a job so I have no income so I'm not spending any money without extreme bouts of guilt.
I give myself $100/month to spend on fun, which let me tell you IS NOT fun. But I've been making it work. Right now I only have like $4 in my account sooo I'm just toughing it out on the free fun for now. But the city I'm in is GORGEOUS.. lake front and forest area so there's a ton of outdoor activities to do that are FREE!!
So here's my list of money savers..
- I bus as often as I can (every day to school plus most other times)
- I charge people for gas money and will accept multiple different forms of payment (cash, free meals, movies...). I HATE and I mean HATE charging people for gas because I love driving and I think its sooooo rude but I'm in a tight $$ situation so I'll take what I can get :D
- I've begun taking advantage of the Public Library
- Walking, running, roller blading outside a few times a week!
- Make my lunch EVERY SINGLE DAY.
- Community dinners... a few friends get together Sunday nights for "family dinner" we've had tacos, chilli, spaghetti and it's delicious and fun
- Cut back on alcohol. I'm not a big drinker and as a Student Teacher I'm very conscious of my decisions to drink as I don't want to ruin my career before it starts but this is also an excellent money saver.
- I drink water. Lots and lots of water :D
- I let my daddy pay for stuff. Just last week he pay for my snow tire installation. Thanks dad!!!
A note about teacher's college.
It's freakin' amazing! I've been in classrooms for a total of 3 weeks now and absolutely love it! There are lots and lots of assignments but I'm learning so much too! And some how I also have more of a social life now. I guess that comes with not having a job haha. I do miss working though and am excited to start again (in May lol). Despite the lack of jobs for teacher's out there right now, I'm very hopeful for the future!
Still saving my pennies...